Turn on the news on any given day and you’re likely to see coverage of wild weather whipping the country. From raging wildfires out west, tornados tearing through Tornado Alley to hurricanes along our coasts, it doesn’t only seem like extreme weather events are on the rise – they are. How can we prepare for the worst weather ahead for 2019?
Some of Bonnie’s tips include:
● Get together your basic disaster supplies which include things like a three-day supply of non-perishable food, three-day supply of water, photocopies of your credit cards and ID, and batteries.
● In case of loss of power, be sure that your electronics are fully charged as technology can provide key information during a disaster.
● Create a family disaster plan for everyone living inside your home, including how to evacuate people and pets.
● Be sure to check that you’re properly covered (and understand your insurance coverage) well before a disaster hits, otherwise it will be too late.
● Bundle home and auto insurance.
● Think out of the box – or out of the sky! Hail is becoming a bigger and bigger issue and it’s important to protect your property (and yourself), and make sure you have the right coverage if there is damage.