Attorney Larry Grudzien is conducting a free webinar reviewing the new rules for the new Individual Coverage HRAs and the new Excepted Benefit HRAs on July 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM CST.
The Webinar will be 90 minutes in length.
On June 13, 2019, Treasury, DOL and HHS released final regulations that are effective for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2020. These regulations created two new HRAs, Individual Coverage HRAs and Excepted Benefit HRAs
These new HRAs will be subject to ERISA and COBRA, but will not be subject to the nondiscrimination rules under Code Section 105(h). Any employer can offer these new HRAs to their employees. They can be offered to common law employees, but cannot be offered to self-employed individuals, partners and more than 2% S corporation shareholders.
The webinar will review:
– Why are these new HRAs so important.
– Which employees can be included or excluded.
– What documentation is needed to be completed by employers to adopt them.
– What reporting and disclosure requirements must be met.
– What types of expenses can be reimbursed.
– The pros and cons of establishing and participating in these new HRAs for employers
This Webinar will include a substantial question and answer period.
This webinar will be important for any insurance broker, TPA, employer or adviser who wants to be prepared to understand these new HRAs.